About Working Words
Working Words Inc. was born from our love of writing and our respect for its power. We saw how often that power was diminished in business, scientific, and technical writing by redundancy, irrelevance, vague language, illogic, imprecision, and lack of focus…elements that keep critical documents from achieving their purpose and meeting the needs of their audiences.
As we grew, we learned that the same problems were endemic to many industries, and that there was frequently a strange correlation between exceptional individuals and flawed communications. From the beginning, we have worked to understand this paradox, and to make written communications reflect the quality of mind and inherent skills of writers—as well as reflect the significance of companies’ products, services, discoveries, and commitment to quality and compliance.
Who Needs Working Words?
- A VP of Quality concerned about deviation investigations and SOPs, and how these affect compliance?
- A reviewer charged with coaching and mentoring writers?
- An executive or senior manager leading teams and supervising employees?
- A medical education or communications provider with physician and patient audiences?
- A scientist contributing to regulatory submissions or writing articles for high impact factor journals?
- A consultant or entrepreneur who needs to stand out in a crowded marketplace?
- An accountant, attorney, or other professional services provider whose communications have to reflect expertise and professionalism?
If these describe you and your communications challenges, we can help!
About Curtisy Briggs, President
A professional writer, editor, and copywriter, Curtisy has a varied background that includes publishing, advertising, marketing, public relations, teaching, and freelance writing. She has ghostwritten and edited medical books and articles.
She has coached and edited the work of hundreds of scientists and clinicians in pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical companies, and has written or edited patient education and CME materials, expert reports, clinical protocols, clinical study reports, informed consents, expert reports, scientific journal articles, deviation investigation reports, and SOPs. She has also written marketing materials, online training programs, and instructional videos.